1.12.2008

Already too smart for me

The Moose, our 10-month old, is a big fan of bathtime. He's a champion wriggler when it comes to diaper-changing and getting dressed, but as soon as he realizes that it's nearly time for a soak in the tub, he just mellows out. Once he gets in the bathroom and the water starts running, he stands at the side of the tub, jumping up and down as he watches the tub fill. When he gets into the tub, he does a few manic laps from one end to the other (it's your average-sized tub, so this doesn't take long). After that, he sits under the faucet and lets the water wash down over him. His older brother? Wouldn't even take a bath in the big tub until he was about 18 months; we had an inflatable duck tub that fit inside the tub. But this kid? No fear. And now I fear that he's already too smart for me. For the last week, whenever I go to drain the water, he watches and waits...as soon as I pull my hand out of the water, he twists the drain (or whatever the heck it's called) and makes it stop! We go back and forth a few times before I finally give up and just pull him out of the (still-full) tub. Oh, I know, it's just a small thing, but they add up and suddenly your baby is gone and you're left with a toddler (which really, on most days, is just as fantastic, but it's hard not to miss your baby).

No comments: