1.20.2008

Midas turned things to gold....

Me, not so much. Yesterday was one of those days where I should have just stayed in bed with the covers pulled way over my head.

The morning didn't start off too bad, but once the afternoon hit, watch out! I went out, with baby in tow, to run a quick errand at the bank. After missing the turn into the parking lot, I made the monumentally stupid decision to back up (on a busy street...my lane was empty behind me) three feet to try it again. Yes, I know, I should have just gone around the block, but I didn't. And while I did look to make sure there weren't any cars behind me, I didn't bother to check the opposite side of traffic. Long story short, I backed up into a car turning from the other lane of traffic. The damage to both cars wasn't too bad (her car was stopped and I was going all of three miles an hour at the time), but it was enough to shake me up and put me into a mild state of shock. After exchanging the necessary information, I went on about my business, wondering how on earth my dear husband would take the news. Let's just say he was none too pleased. Nor was he impressed by the fact that it was the first accident in which I'd ever been at fault. So now we get to spend a couple of days this week schlepping the car around town to get some estimates for the repair work.

Okay, so that was really the worst part of the day (um, could you really get worse than that anyway?), but things certainly didn't swing upward after that. There was me whining about my dead cell phone and the morons who work at AT&T and absolutely refuse to help me in any way except to offer to sell me a phone at a completely inflated price...despite the fact that I've already been to the store twice and called the company countless times. Luckily Jason stepped in and did his magic; I have a new, free (minus the $50 deductible...thanks phone insurance) phone being sent to me. Then there was the Slurpee that I dropped all over the freshly mopped floor. The Slurpee that I bought to appease Jason and make up for my overall slump of a day. I was able to save a good portion of the Slurpee, but the floor? Sticky as hell. Let's just say that by 10:00 last night, I'd had enough and decided to retire for the evening.

Thankfully, today was a far less eventful day.

No comments: