1.01.2008

He's all mine!


Over the years, I've given this blog thing some thought here and there, but never really commited to it. Being privy to the innermost thoughts of other bloggers and having read countless stories of funny kids, I've thought to myself, Hey, I could do that! However, after a comment made by my dear, sweet husband as I went to bed on New Year's Eve, I've decided that it would be selfish to keep all the fun stuff that goes on in our house to myself. So what was it, you're wondering, that finally got me to take the leap? Well ladies and gentlemen, my husband's parting words of 2007 were, "Be sure to smell Will's butt when you go to bed." Yes ladies (and gentlemen for those of you who are so inclined), he's all mine. But really, if you're wondering what the impetus for such a loving comment was, you need look no further than our family room where you'll find a somewhat lethargic 3-year old suffering from a mean stomach bug. He has spent the last two days moving between the couch and the bathroom, pausing to share with us the most minute details of his illness and insisting that we join in the fun by helping to clean him up each time. Anyway, as I climbed the stairs to go to bed last night and thought about New Year's Eves past, I thought to myself that really, there's no place I'd rather be than here with my two little guys and my one big guy.

No comments: