1.03.2008

Resolutions...or something like that

The idea of making resolutions for the new year seems pretty silly to me. Most people, it seems, make grandiose gestures when it comes to resolutions, but really, where's the follow-through? So instead of coming up with resolutions that will likely be broken by say, next Thursday, here are some goals that I've set for myself in the coming year:

1. Be the best wife, mother and friend that I can be.

2. Stop to savor the little moments with my kids, whether it's a quick game of chase with Will or rolling the ball back and forth with Brody. Sometimes this will mean that the floor goes unswept a while longer than I'd like or that the dishwasher doesn't get unloaded until after the kids go to bed, but really, it's all about priorities.

3. Continue to exercise on a regular basis. I'm not looking to run a marathon here, folks, just to stay in shape and be able to enjoy that game of chase without losing my breath.

4. Make healthy choices when it comes to food and drink. Since I'm not a drinker or a smoker and I exercise frequently, I'm off to a good start on the health front, but damn if those potato chips on aisle 7 don't call to me every once in a while.

5. Wisen up when it comes to saving money. It's easy when you have it to want to spend it without much forethought, but it's a heck of a lot smarter to put some away for a rainy day (something we have a lot of here in Oregon).

6. Find a way to spend more time with all of my family in California. If these past few months have taught me anything, it's how important my family truly is to me.

7. Let go and have fun sometimes. Really, isn't this something we all need to do?

No comments: