2.16.2008

And miles to go....

Today Will and I spent some time outside enjoying the fresh air and sunshine and cleaning out my car (who knew that two kids could make a car so messy?...oh and there were at least 8 socks in there this time). When it came time to move the car from the driveway into the garage so that it could be vacuumed, I asked Will if he wanted to ride in the front seat. I may have mentioned this before, but I'm kind of a stickler about rules, especially when it comes to my kids and their safety. However, since we were only moving about twenty feet in our own driveway, I figured we were okay. So Will hopped into the front seat with a big grin on his face and we were ready to go. As I turned the car on and prepared to move forward, Will looked at me and, with complete and utter sincerity, asked, "Cool. Can I drive now?" Thank goodness we have another 12 years or so before he starts driving because I could feel my heart seizing up as soon as he asked that. And what did he think? That I was going to trade seats with him, tell him to put on his seatbelt and hit the open road?

No comments: