2.28.2008

Beyond ridiculous

It's been 12 days since my last blog, but I have a really good excuse...I've been sick! It started with a sore throat and the chills on Saturday night (the same day that Will asked if he could drive) and everything went downhill from there. By Monday, my head felt as though it had been invaded by a small country and my body was so achy (is that word?) that, if I didn't know better, I'd have thought someone came and kicked my ass while I was sleeping. That day I took my kids to the pediatrician who, although unable to come up with a clear diagnosis for the boys, was quick to tell me that I had the flu. Great! So I went to my own doctor the next day only to have that diagnosis confirmed and to be told that really, there's not a whole lot that can be done for the flu. Needless to say, being sick with the flu and having two little guys who depend on you can make for some interesting times. It wasn't really until Monday or Tuesday of this week that I started to feel better, even human, again. And then, I woke up yesterday...

Ah, yesterday. As soon as I opened my eyes, I knew something was wrong. I decided to stay very still so as not to throw up, that's how nauseous I was. And though I was finally able to get myself up without vomiting, yesterday was not a good day. Apparently there's some stomach bug going around here and guess who's got it? That's right, me! Guess who else? Poor Brody! It's one thing when I'm sick, but I feel absolutely terrible when one of my little guys is sick. So please send some healthy vibes our way.

On a positive note, getting sick is a great way to meet your weight loss goal for the month...only one pound to go!

1 comment:

Zoooma said...

Bein' sick is a GREAT time to post! What else have ya got to do? Rest, I guess. But such sympathy you'd get!!!!