2.07.2008

Is it bedtime yet?

Today's one of those days where I'm walking around in a complete haze, not quite sure whether I'm actually awake or simply dreaming. Will was up at 6:40 this morning and ready to go for the day. This is the same child who used to sleep until 8:00 or 8:30, but lately he has decided that he is a morning person. Want to guess who's not a morning person? Yep, me! Luckily Daddy is a morning person and is usually willing to let me sleep a bit longer while he and Will traipse downstairs. However, Daddy has been putting in crazy hours at work the last week and a half and I just couldn't let him do it this morning. So guess who got up with Little Mr. Sunshine? That's right, me. It was apparent almost immediately that the child still needed sleep as he was already quite cantankerous, but he would not be deterred from playing with his superheroes. The rest of the day has been rough as he's still quite cranky and not all that compliant (not that he's all that compliant on a good day, but he's generally a good-natured kid). Right now I'm just biding my time until we leave for Gymboree. Once there, we will go our separate ways as Will goes to art class and Brody and I go play for a while. But seriously, all I really want to do is climb into my nice warm bed and go to sleep. Is 3:30 too early in the day to hit the sack?

No comments: